(post date: 04/09/2021)
Blue Margin, Inc. helps companies Thrive Through Data™. We create data warehousing and dashboard reporting tools that improve business outcomes for all of our clients. We're a high-performing team of experts, and the result of our work is more efficient and productive operations, a healthier culture, and stronger job-ownership by employees. We believe in working hard, volunteering in our community, and enjoying life to the fullest.
Blue Margin Inc. is a Microsoft Gold partner in Data Analytics, Data Platform, Application Development, and Cloud Platform.
Why Are We Looking?
We are expanding our Microsoft Power BI team, and are looking for clever, creative, data-savvy people who are flexible and capable of putting themselves in the shoes of the client. Our growth means we are looking for people with great attitudes, who are fun to work with. It also means we provide an excellent opportunity for someone who is serious about learning and advancing their career.
The ETL Engineer’s role exists to develop and maintain reporting databases using the Microsoft stack, primarily in Azure, ensuring high levels of data availability. They will also evaluate and advise on database technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking. Finally, the engineer will assist in implementing and maintaining reporting dashboards across the organization.
We are seeking a candidate to work as a full-time employee in our local office in Fort Collins.
Blue Margin has, and will continue, to take a conservative approach to keep our employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently our workforce is remote, and any transition back to our office will be handled with caution and in accordance with local and federal guidance.
Please note that we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Maintain data warehouses.
- Design and deploy data table structures, reports, and queries.
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Assure security of data from external parties and for management of row-level-security within the organization.
- Plan and coordinate backup and disaster recovery setup.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Develop and maintain database stored procedures, views, and functions that support reporting data models.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes.
- Produce ad-hoc queries that develop reports to support business needs.
- Create reports and data models using Power BI that meet business requirements.
- Provide data management support to users.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
Candidates Must Possess the Following Qualifications:
- Up to 2 years of experience in development within the Microsoft/SQL stack.
- T-SQL experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and work cohesively with a development team (no ‘code-loners’)
- Experience creating charts, graphs, dashboards in one or more of the following programs: Excel, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik and/or similar programs.
- Familiarity with cloud services (AWS, Azure (preferred), Google Cloud)
- Experience creating databases from the ground up
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g., permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
- Comprehensive grasp of data visualization methods and data modeling for effective report creation
- Ability to design, construct, and maintain data warehouses
- Basic to intermediate experience with SSMS and SSIS
Our Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess:
- Experience with SSAS, Tabular-based reporting, and Tabular Data Models
- A broad understanding of data visualization methods and techniques
- Power Query ("M" language), and DAX language experience
- Professional presentation skills and the ability to present to audiences of 10-15 people
- Broad business experience with proficient ability to talk to executives in business terms
- Willingness to creatively engage with customers to come up with custom solutions
- Familiarity with Kimball methodologies of data warehousing
- Understanding of the difference between application database design and reporting database design
- Company Core Values: Commit to Quality, Embrace Transparency, Choose to Be Positive, Be Efficient/Systematize, Pursue Learning, Be Generous
- Weekly personal and professional development programs for all
- Teamwork—we maintain company-wide interaction and communication
- Entrepreneurism – we want everyone on our team to be eager to adapt and evolve with our advancing business. We are looking for someone who is comfortable wearing more than one hat.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- This job may require moderate physical effort including lifting materials and equipment of less than 10 pounds and involves viewing a computer screen more than 80 percent of the time. The job will take place in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions. This position requires standing or sitting for long durations.
- The position may require some travel and occasional participation in off-site functions.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position with a starting salary range of $60-$70K and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, short-and long-term disability, 401K matching, health club stipend, paid vacation, sick leave, and an annual profit-sharing plan.