(post date: 04/23/2021)
Blue Margin, Inc. helps companies Thrive Through Data™. We create data warehousing and dashboard reporting tools that improve business outcomes for all of our clients. We're a high-performing team of experts, and the result of our work is more efficient and productive operations, a healthier culture, and stronger job-ownership by employees. We believe in working hard, volunteering in our community, and enjoying life to the fullest.
Blue Margin Inc. is a Microsoft Gold partner in Data Analytics, Data Platform, Application Development, and Cloud Platform.
Why Are We Looking?
We are expanding our Microsoft Power BI team, and are looking for people who are flexible and capable of putting themselves in the shoes of the client. We are looking for a clever, creative, data-savvy person to produce reports to support our executive and leadership teams and satisfy our clients’ requirements. Our growth means we are looking for people with great attitudes who are fun to work with. It also means we provide an excellent opportunity for someone who is serious about learning and advancing their career.
We are seeking a candidate to work as a full-time employee in our local office in Fort Collins.
Please note that we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
For the initial step of the hiring process, all qualified candidates will be asked to complete a Power BI sample report and brief video introduction.
- Develop accurate reports in Power BI that are not only visually engaging, but also make customers’ data accessible and actionable.
- Regularly interact with clients for project updates and inquiries
- Create, enhance, and troubleshoot data models in Power BI and Visual Studio
- Author documentation of customer reporting requirements and finished reports
- Craft and use T-SQL queries for data validation
Candidates Must Possess The Following Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience in Power BI Desktop creating tables, graphs, drill downs, drillthroughs, bookmarks, and KPIs
- Working knowledge of Power BI Service and how to configure it
- Ability to create intermediate to advanced DAX calculations using functions such as Calculate, Summarize and Filter
- Experience creating T-SQL queries in SSMS
- Comprehensive grasp of data visualization methods
- Familiarity with data modeling
- Broad business experience with a proficient ability to talk to executives in business terms
- Professional demeanor
Our Ideal Candidate Would Possess These Additional Qualifications
- Experience using Visual Studio 2017/2019, DAX Studio, Tabular Editor, ALM Toolkit
- Familiarity with tabular data models
- Comfortable with manipulating data in Power Query Editor
- Company Core Values: Commit to Quality, Embrace Transparency, Choose to Be Positive, Be Efficient/Systematize, Pursue Learning, Be Generous
- Personal and professional development programs for every employee
- Teamwork— we work as a cohesive team and always have each other’s backs
- Fun – we volunteer together, shoot each other with Nerf guns, go to happy hour, eat lunch together as a team every Friday, and hang out at monthly employee-appreciation events (laser tag, bowling, brewery tours, barbecues, etc.)
- Entrepreneurism—we want everyone on our team to willingly adapt to our growing business. We are looking for someone who is comfortable wearing more than one hat.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- This position requires standing or sitting for long durations and may require minimal physical effort including lifting materials and equipment of less than 10 pounds. This position requires viewing a computer screen more than 80 percent of the time. The job will take place in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions. The position may require some travel and occasional participation in off-site functions.
Salary and Benefits
- The starting salary for this position is between $60,000-$75,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental coverage, paid sick leave, vacation, and a retirement plan.