(post date: 6/10/2022)
Blue Margin, Inc. helps companies improve their business performance using Microsoft's Business Intelligence stack (including Power BI and SQL Server) and Cloud Computing software and services (Azure and Office 365). We create data warehousing and dashboard reporting tools that improve business outcomes for all of our clients. We're a high-performing team of experts, and the result of our work is more efficient and productive operations, a healthier culture, and stronger job-ownership by employees. We believe in working hard, volunteering in our community, and enjoying life to the fullest.
Blue Margin Inc. is a Microsoft Gold partner in Data Analytics, Data Platform, Application Development, and Cloud Platform.
Why Are We Looking?
We are expanding our Microsoft Power BI team and are looking for people who are flexible and capable of putting themselves in the shoes of the client. We are looking for clever, creative, data-savvy people to produce reports to support our executive and leadership teams and satisfy our clients’ requirements. Our growth means we are looking for people with great attitudes who are fun to work with. It also means we provide an excellent opportunity for those serious about learning and advancing their career.
We are seeking candidates to work as full-time employees in our local office in Fort Collins.
Please note that we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We are interested in considering candidates for all three of our developer tiers. The skill assessment you complete as part of the interview process will help distinguish your skill level:
- Data Visualization Consultant I
- Data Visualization Consultant II
- Data Visualization Consultant III
- Develop accurate reports in Power BI that are not only visually engaging, but also make customers’ data accessible and actionable.
- Regularly interact with clients for project updates and inquiries
- Create, enhance, and troubleshoot data models in Power BI and Visual Studio
- Author documentation of customer reporting requirements and finished reports
- Craft and use T-SQL queries for data validation
Candidates Must Possess The Following Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service
- Ability to create DAX calculations
- Some familiarity with data modeling
- Proficient ability to talk to executives clearly and concisely in English
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to be a team player and do meaningful work
Our Ideal Candidate Would Possess These Additional Qualifications
1-3 years of experience in Power BI Desktop creating tables, graphs, drill downs, drillthroughs, bookmarks, and KPIs
Working knowledge of Power BI Service and administration
Ability to create intermediate to advanced DAX calculations using functions such as Calculate, Summarize and Filter
Experience creating T-SQL queries in SSMS
Comprehensive grasp of data visualization methods
Experience using Visual Studio 2017/2019, DAX Studio, Tabular Editor, ALM Toolkit
Familiarity with tabular data models
Experience manipulating data in Power Query Editor
- Company Core Values: Commit to Quality, Embrace Transparency, Choose to Be Positive, Be Efficient/Systematize, Pursue Learning, Be Generous
- Personal and professional development programs for every employee
- Teamwork— we work as a cohesive team and always have each other’s backs
- Fun – we volunteer together, shoot each other with Nerf guns, go to happy hour, eat lunch together as a team every Friday, and hang out at monthly employee-appreciation events (laser tag, bowling, brewery tours, barbecues, etc.)
- Entrepreneurism—we want everyone on our team to willingly adapt to our growing business. We are looking for someone who is comfortable wearing more than one hat.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- This position requires standing or sitting for long durations and may require minimal physical effort including lifting materials and equipment of less than 10 pounds. This position requires viewing a computer screen more than 80 percent of the time. The job will take place in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions. The position may require some travel and occasional participation in off-site functions.
Salary and Benefits
- The starting salary for a Level I position is between $60-80K and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The starting salary for a Level II position is between $70-90K and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The starting salary for a Level III position is between $80-100K and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- All positions come with a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid sick leave, vacation, and a retirement plan.